[rt-users] AdminClass right and RT-FM

Tim Cutts tjrc at sanger.ac.uk
Fri Mar 27 11:20:09 EDT 2009

I'm in the process of deploying RT-FM, and I have come across a
strangeness with access to classes in order to configure them.  We
have an rt-admin group, to which I have given the AdminClass right
globally.

However, when I go to the configure page for the classes, I (a member
of the rt-admin group) can only see one of the two classes that I have
created, and I don't understand why.

I tried to create a small perl script to examine the rights directly:

#!/usr/bin/perl -w

use strict;

use lib qw'/opt/rt3/lib /opt/rt3/local/lib';

use RT;
use RT::Interface::CLI qw/GetCurrentUser/;

RT::LoadConfig;
RT::Init;

my $user = GetCurrentUser();

my $c = RT::FM::Class->new($user);

$c->Load('someclassname');

if ($user->HasRight(Right => 'AdminClass',
		    Object => $c)) {
   print "Yes we can\n";
}

but I'm not sure I've done this right, because it dies with:

Can't locate object method "new" via package "RT::FM::Class" (perhaps
you forgot to load "RT::FM::Class"?) at test.pl line 15, <DATA> line
273.

I've definitely got RT::FM in the @Plugins variable, so does anyone
have any clues as to (a) what I might have done wrong with the rights
in general and (b) why my little test script above does not work?

Thanks in advance,

Tim