[rt-users] Autogenerating a password for requestors

Tom Lahti toml at bitstatement.net
Thu May 7 16:00:46 EDT 2009

>> # CHANGED NEXT 3 LINES TO TEST REQUESTOR INSTEAD OF CREATOR
>> # SO THAT WILL EMAIL REQUESTOR A PASSWORD WHEN STAFF CREATES
>> # THE TICKET IN WEB INTERFACE
>
> Worked like a charm, thanks a lot!

Yikes!  If I called someone and made a request via the phone and they
emailed a password for some system I'd never heard of, I'd probably flag it
as spam.  I sure as heck wouldn't log into it, because (a) I don't know if
it really came from them, (b) I don't know what this system does -- XSS
attack, anyone?  (c) the password was just emailed across the net in clear
text.  Oi vay.

On the other hand, if I made the request via email, I might totally expect
to get a autoreply via email, but I'd still want my new password encrypted.

Perhaps RT can discover attached GPG/PGP keys and add them to a user's
record at autocreate?  Now that would be awesome.

--
   Tom Lahti

   (425)251-0833 x 117
   http://www.bitstatement.net/