[rt-users] New to RT and need help with RT_SiteConfig.PM

Ruslan Zakirov ruslan.zakirov at gmail.com
Mon May 11 17:35:30 EDT 2009

You shouldn't create an user in the DB, but as well you shouldn't use
root. User and permissions are created during 'make initdb' step. This
options can be configured using ./configure script as well.

I don't think it's good idea to mess with pathes of a system when you
havn't learnt how to configure it and install. Make a step at a time.

On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 12:39 AM, Eric Chatham <echatham at broadvox.net> wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I am brand new to RT request tracker.  I am using the installation guide for
> CentOS 5.1 /RHEL 5.1 to install RT 3.6.6.
>

> http://wiki.bestpractical.com/view/Rhel5InstallGuide
>

> I am stuck at the point where it wants me to configure the variables in
> /etc/rt3/RT_SiteConfig.pm.  The name of the server I am configuring for RT
> is “rtsrv01.domain.local.”  The website I want to use is
> http://rt3.domain.local.  For the dbuser, do I want to use “root” or should
> I create another dbuser for RT?  If so, what DB Permissions should I set?
> Lastly, I want the “htmldir” to be /opt/rt3/html not the default
> /usr/share/rt3/html.  Where would I change that?
>

> Thank you for your assistance.
>

> Eric Chatham

Best regards, Ruslan.