[rt-users] How to modify the ticket # format?

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Mon May 11 19:36:32 EDT 2009

----- "Ken Crocker" <kfcrocker at lbl.gov> wrote:
>     Correct. Plus, you may well run out of viable Ticket ID's. IF I> were
> you. I would do my best to dissuade. Lots of luck.

In a private message (for some reason, I expected to be on the wrong side
of this argument) I provided the OP with several concrete reasons and examples
as to why this is such a breathtakingly bad design choice, and he should
hold his breath until he turns blue if his management tries to make him.

:-)

Cheers,
-- jra

    Start a man a fire, and he'll be warm all night.
     Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.