[rt-users] creating Tickets

Nick Kartsioukas change+lists.rt at nightwind.net
Tue May 12 12:27:17 EDT 2009

On Mon, 11 May 2009 19:39:50 -0700 (PDT), "kenadams2"
<adams.ken at hgc.com.au> said:
> I have just finished setting up RT and have a small problems with the way
> the users are setup. We have 35 users. 30 of them are remote. Each user
> has a queue so that tickets can be lodged to them. They all have create
> ticket privs so that they can create tickets BUT I dont want them to be able to
> create a ticket to another remote site. The tickets need to be created to
> a central place and from there it can be distributed if the need arises. At
> the moment when they create a ticket there is 35 different queues for
> them to choose from and I only want there to be the other 5. How can I do
> this.

It sounds like you've granted See Queue and Create Ticket privileges to
all privileged users.  You'll want to only grant See Queue and Create
Ticket rights to users in the queue they're allowed to touch.
Configuration -> Queues -> [queue name] -> User Rights.