[rt-users] how to stop search displaying tickets the user doesn't have permission to see in the results

john habermann john.habermann at wilderness.org.au
Tue May 12 20:05:17 EDT 2009

Hi

I am having a problem where the unowned search is not restricting its
results to only tickets that are in queues the user has the see ticket
permission for. This is causing the unowned ticket list to not display any
tickets in the rt at a glance page if another queue has 10 more recent
unowned tickets in it. It affects any search in rt for example If you search
for something in the quick search you get it saying that 5 tickets matched
the search but only displaying 1 ticket in the list because 4 of the tickets
would be in queues for which the user has no permission to see tickets.

I have gone through global permissions and queue permissions trying to
figure out how I can control this behaviour but not have not been
successful. The 'see queue' and 'show tickets' permission are only set on a
per queue basis to the group that is working on that queue. I think I must
have broken something though in setting up my permissions as I don't
remember this being the initial behaviour of the unowned tickets search.

Thanks for any help.

--
John Habermann
Internet Programmer, System Administrator