[rt-users] how to stop search displaying tickets the user doesn't have permission to see in the results

john habermann john.habermann at wilderness.org.au
Tue May 12 22:40:26 EDT 2009

I have just found what appears to be a solution for this problem enabling
the UseSQLForACLChecks in your RT_SiteConfig.pm . Once I enabled this the
unowned search now displays only tickets that the user has permission to see
and any searches you run in simple search will return a result that matches
tickets that you have permission to see. The option does warn about possible
performance issues so will see whether I notice any impact on the system. I
am using rt 3.8.2 and mysql 5.0.

cheers
John