[rt-users] open tickets for certain domain-email-adresses

Violetta J. Wawryk v.wawryk at science-computing.de
Thu May 14 04:45:40 EDT 2009

Hi Ken,

thanks for replying.

I will try to describe it more clearly.

The RT has different Queues, let's say Queue A and Queue B.

We don't want the AdminCCs of queue A to know about the existents of
queue B and vice versa. This is possible because we don't allow
"Everybody" to "Open Tickets" in the certain Queues, just the group
"AdminCCforQueueA" for queue A and group "AdminCCforQueueB" for queue B.
Otherwise they could see the Ticket in RT on the top right corner where
it says "New Ticket in" (hope you know what I mean).

But there are still Requestors for queue B that are not AdminCCs, they
will not login to the RT to look at their Tickets. Since they are more
than 100 of them, and there EMail addresses end with the same domain
name we hoped there would be the possibility of a wild card. So every
Requestor that writes to that queue and has that domainname can open a
Ticket.

I hope this makes it more clear now.

Thanks,
Violetta

--
Vorstand/Board of Management:
Dr. Bernd Finkbeiner, Dr. Roland Niemeier,