[rt-users] MinPasswordLength and additional password rules

Markus.Kummer at t-systems.com Markus.Kummer at t-systems.com
Fri May 15 09:50:41 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I'm are using RT 3.8.2 and looking for a possibillity to implement password rules for the RT Users. The only thing I found is that I can set a MinPasswordLength in RT_SiteConfig.pm. So I set the following

Set($MinPasswordLength, 8);

in RT_SiteConfig.pm, cleared the cache (rm -r mason-data/obj) and restarted the apache web server.
The change had no effect.
I'm able to specify a password with six characters only.
If I specify a password with less than five chars I got the error message "Password needs to be at least 5 characters long" which seems to be the default.

Do I have to ajust something else to get it working?

Additionally the following rules are needed:

- specify out of which characters a password has to be combined.
- the administrator shouldn't know the password. So when a user is created the password should be generated automatically and send to him/her by email. Similar to the AutogeneratedPassword template but OnUserCreate only.
- the user should be forced to renew his password after a certain period.
- a forgot password link

Is there any chance to realize it?

Best regards,

Markus Kummer
==================================
T-Systems Enterprise Services GmbH
Systems Integration / ADSF / SF / Telco / Network Planning Systems
Rabinstrasse 8
D- 53111 Bonn
Tel: +49 228 9841 382
E-Mail: markus.kummer at t-systems.com

T-Systems Enterprise Services GmbH
Aufsichtsrat: René Obermann (Vorsitzender)
Geschäftsführung: Reinhard Clemens (Vorsitzender), Olaf Heyden, Joachim Langmack, Dr. Matthias Schuster, Klaus Werner
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Frankfurt am Main HRB 55933
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Frankfurt am Main
WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE87523644