[rt-users] RT 3.6.5 causes connection aborts resulting in 500 error

Tom Lahti toml at bitstatement.net
Tue May 19 17:31:34 EDT 2009

Kage wrote:
>> Essentially what happens is I can use RT for an extended period of
>> time (from 1 hour to 10 hours), and eventually, it'll stop working,
>> resulting in a 500 Internal Server Error.

Sounds like resource exhaustion of some kind, perhaps a memory or some other
type of leak in mason, perl, apache, or RT.  I hate to be vague, but it
could be anything.  You probably need to step outside "what is in hardy's
repository" and start upgrading things, probably starting with perl itself.

But I would start by looking for more clues when the system is in the "not
working" state.  Look at memory usage, CPU usage, and the like.  See if
apache is responding to other non-RT page requests.  Doing so will help you
narrow it down.

--
   Tom Lahti

   (425)251-0833 x 117