[rt-users] Use of Bcc field?

Fran Fabrizio fran at cis.uab.edu
Wed May 20 15:53:55 EDT 2009

We have an older RT install, version 3.6.4.  I've been noticing recently
that when a user submits a reply to his ticket for which I am the owner,
I get his correspondence, but I also get a duplicate email which has no
To: field (so my mail reader says "undisclosed recipients;") and which
has me in the Bcc: field.

I finally got annoyed enough to dig and figure out which scrip was doing
it.  In the logs I see:

[Wed May 20 10:11:38 2009] [info]:
<rt-3.6.4-10309-1242814297-1067.9722-6-0 at cis.uab.edu> #9722/138706 -
Scrip 6 OnCorrespNotifyOtherRecips
(/usr/local/rt-3.6.4/lib/RT/Action/SendEmail.pm:245)
[Wed May 20 10:11:38 2009] [info]:
<rt-3.6.4-10309-1242814297-1067.9722-6-0 at cis.uab.edu> No recipients
found. Not sending. (/usr/local/rt-3.6.4/lib/RT/Action/SendEmail.pm:257)
[Wed May 20 10:11:38 2009] [info]:
<rt-3.6.4-10309-1242814297-1067.9722-19-0 at cis.uab.edu> #9722/138706 -
Scrip 19 OnCorrespNotifyOwner
(/usr/local/rt-3.6.4/lib/RT/Action/SendEmail.pm:245)
[Wed May 20 10:11:39 2009] [info]:
<rt-3.6.4-10309-1242814297-1067.9722-19-0 at cis.uab.edu> sent  To:
fran at cis.uab.edu (/usr/local/rt-3.6.4/lib/RT/Action/SendEmail.pm:276)
[Wed May 20 10:11:39 2009] [info]:
<rt-3.6.4-10309-1242814297-1067.9722-5-0 at cis.uab.edu> #9722/138706 -
Scrip 5 OnCorrespNotifyRequestorsAndCCs
(/usr/local/rt-3.6.4/lib/RT/Action/SendEmail.pm:245)
[Wed May 20 10:11:39 2009] [info]:
<rt-3.6.4-10309-1242814297-1067.9722-5-0 at cis.uab.edu> sent  Bcc:
fran at cis.uab.edu (/usr/local/rt-3.6.4/lib/RT/Action/SendEmail.pm:276)

So ok - there were no OtherRecipients, good so far.  There was the
correspondence to me the owner via Scrip 19, also good so far.  But then
Scrip 5 OnCorrespNotifyRequestorsAndCCs  decided that it should Bcc me.
That's where I am stumped.

This doesn't happen on all tickets, just some, but I can't discern
anything special about this ticket - it's just a simple "user sent an
email to helpdesk" ticket - one Requestor, one Owner.

Was this a known bug from the 3.6 series, or is this just me not
understanding what the OnCorrespNotifyRequestorsAndCCs scrip is doing?

Thanks,
Fran

--
Fran Fabrizio