[rt-users] Remove a user or merge two users?

Ken Crocker kfcrocker at lbl.gov
Wed May 20 17:25:30 EDT 2009

Jeff,

    I've done this more than a few times and to be honest, it was a
mistake. There are many tables involved in maintaining User
relationships (Groups, GroupMembers, ACL, Transactions, etc.). I have
found that the simplest thing to do is go to the tickets that belong to
someone I would like to erase and just give the ticket to someone else
and then disable the old user. No one will see him, no one will know he
exists. Looking at all the stuff on the DataBase will drive you nuts if
you've just a little bit of OCD in you like I do.

Kenn
LBNL