[rt-users] FW: Regular Authentication and ExternalAuth RT 3.8.1

Eric Chatham echatham at broadvox.net
Thu May 21 13:38:45 EDT 2009

On Thursday, May 21, 2009 10:39, Mike Peachey wrote,

>> I'm still having a problem with this.  Does anyone know how to get LDAP
>working on RT 3.8.2?  Thank you.
>
>Absolutely.
>
>You don't mention actually *installing* RT::Authen::ExternalAuth into
>your RT install..

I did the CPAN install.  Would you suggest the manual installation, using the tarball you provided in your e-mail?

> [...]
>>
>> RT_SiteConfig.pm settings:
>>
>> Set(@Plugins, qw(RT::Authen::ExternalAuth));
>
>This line is right and is what causes the plugin to get loaded assuming
>it's properly installed.
>
>> # External Authentication
>> Set($ExternalAuthPriority, ['My_LDAP']);
>> Set($ExternalInfoPriority, ['My_LDAP']);
>> Set($AutoCreateNonExternalUsers, 1);
>> Set($ExternalAuthPriority, ['My_LDAP', 'My_MySQL', 'My_Oracle',
>'SecondaryLDAP', 'Other-DB']);
>
>Why are you overriding ExternalAuthPriority with invalid entries after
>having set it correctly the first time?
>
>> Set($AuthMethods, ['My_LDAP', 'Internal']);
>
>This is not a valid setting any more. Delete it. It was deprecated by
>ExternalAuthPriority.
>

>> Set($LdapExternalAuth, 0);
>> Set($LdapExternalInfo, 0);
>> Set($LdapAutoCreateNonLdapUsers, 1);
>
>These are nothing to do with ExternalAuth, you must have picked them up
>from somewhere else. Delete them.
>

>> Set($LdapAttrMap, {'Name' => 'sAMAccountName',
>>                    'EmailAddress' => 'mail',
>>                    'Orginization' => 'o',
>>                    'RealName' => 'cn',
>>                    'ExternalContactInfoId' => 'dn',
>>                    'ExternalAuthId' => 'sAMAccountName',
>>                    'Gecos', => 'sAMAccountName',
>>                    'WorkPhone', => 'telephoneNumber',
>>                    'Address1' => 'streetAddress',
>>                    'City' => 'l',
>>                    'State' => 'st',
>>                    'Zip' => 'postalCode',
>>                    'Country' => 'co'});
>> Set($LdapRTAttrMatchList, ['ExternalContactInfoId', 'Name',
>>                            'EmailAddress', 'RealName',
>>                            'WorkPhone', 'Address2']);
>> Set($LdapEmailAttrMatchList, ['mail', 'mailRoutingAddress',
>>                               'mailAlternateAddress']);
>> Set($LdapEmailAttrMatchPrefix, ['', 'smtp', 'SMTP:']);
>> Set($LdapServer, 'clehbdc01.broadvox.local');
>> Set($LdapBase, 'OU=USA,DC=broadvox,DC=local');
>> Set($LdapFilter, '(objectClass=*)');
>
>ALL of these are irrelevant to ExternalAuth. ExternalAuth uses a single
>config variable called ExternalSettings with the settings for all
>external configurations inside it.
>

>> Here are my APACHE ERROR_LOG listings:
>>

>The apache error_log is useless for debugging EA, you need to have debug
>logging enabled and look at the rt log.
>

>You need to go back to basics and start again. First things first, go to
>cpan and get the latest tarball for RT-Authen-ExternalAuth v0.08.
>http://search.cpan.org/CPAN/authors/id/Z/ZO/ZORDRAK/RT-Authen-ExternalAuth-
>0.08.tar.gz
>
>Open the README and read it top to bottom.
>http://search.cpan.org/src/ZORDRAK/RT-Authen-ExternalAuth-0.08/README
>
>Open the example configuration file and read through. If it's not
>provided as an example entry there, you shouldn't have it in your
>RT_SiteConfig.pm.
>http://cpansearch.perl.org/src/ZORDRAK/RT-Authen-ExternalAuth-
>0.08/etc/RT_SiteConfig.pm
>
>Once done, strip your RT_SiteConfig.pm down to basics and add the
>directives you need from the example, modifying them to suit and work

CONFIDENTIAL.  This e-mail and any attached files are confidential and should be destroyed and/or returned if you are not the intended and proper recipient.