[rt-users] Can Simple.html search Email OR Content (not AND) ?

allen+rtlist at crystalfontz.com allen+rtlist at crystalfontz.com
Thu May 21 14:34:02 EDT 2009

>> I would like to make it so that the Simple Search (3.8.2) will always
>> search Content, Requestor and Subject fields using LIKE comparisons so
>>  and "email:" (won't find partial email addresses)

> Is email: some newfangled 3.8.2 thing?

Oops. Mixed up one of my attempted mods with how the stock install
works. No, you are right. There is no "email:" modifier for simple
search. I was trying to get it to search email addresses where the
user doesn't remember the full address -- like just searching for
'email:foo' when they can't remember 'foo at foo.com'

> To solve your latter problem of partial matches, you might try RTx::From
> http://search.cpan.org/~jpierce/RTx-From-0.02/lib/RTx/From.pm

Looking at the synopsis of that, "cannot be meaningfully combined with
other search terms" seems to mean that a person could not search for
"from:foo bar" and expect to find tickets that were from User "foo"
and/or had the word "bar" in them. Is that right? If so, I don't think
that is going to help me since my users are going to try to use other
terms as well.

A.