[rt-users] FW: Regular Authentication and ExternalAuth RT 3.8.1

Eric Chatham echatham at broadvox.net
Fri May 22 10:01:33 EDT 2009

> No, the CPAN install is just fine, it just wasn't clear what you had done.

Thank you for replying.  I'm still having a problem getting this to work.  I tried doing a tethereal capture.  No packets are recorded in the capture when I try to log on to the web interface.  Here are my new RT_SiteConfig settings.

# Set( $rtname, 'example.com');
# Set(@Plugins,(qw(Extension::QuickDelete)));
# Set($WebPath, "/rt3");
Set($rtname, "broadvox.local");
Set($Organization, 'broadvox.local');
# Set($CorrespondAddress, 'echatham at broadvox.net');
# Set($CommentAddress, 'echatham at infotelecom.us');
Set($Timezone, 'US/Eastern');
# Set($WebBaseURL, 'http://rt.broadvox.local/');
Set(@Plugins, qw(RT::Authen::ExternalAuth));

# Database
# Set($DatabaseType, 'mysql');
# Set($DatabaseUser, 'rt_user');
# Set($DatabasePassword, 'rt_pass');
# Set($DatabaseRTHost, 'localhost');

# External Authentication
Set($ExternalAuthPriority, ['My_LDAP']);

# LDAP
Set($ExternalSettings,      {'My_LDAP' => {'type' => 'ldap',
                                          'auth' => 1,
                                          'info' => 1,
                                          'server' => 'clehbdc01.broadvox.local',
                                          'user' => 'secmanager',
                                          'pass' => '**********',
                                          'port' => '389',
                                          'base' => 'ou=USA,dc=broadvox,dc=local',
                                          'filter' => '(objectclass=user)',
                                          'attr_match_list' => [ 'Name',
                                                                 'EmailAddress',
                                                                 'RealName',
                                                                 'WorkPhone',
                                                                 'Address2'
                                                                ],
                                          'attr_map' => {'Name' => 'sAMAccountName',
                                                         'EmailAddress' => 'mail',
                                                         'Orginazation' => 'physicalDeliveryOfficeName',
                                                         'RealName' => 'cn',
                                                         'ExternalAuthID' => 'sAMAccountName',
                                                         'WorkPhone' => 'telephoneNumber',
                                                         'Address1' => 'streetAddress',
                                                         'City' => 'l',
                                                         'State' => 'st',
                                                         'Zip' => 'postalCode',
                                                         'Country' => 'co'}
                                        }
                        });
1;
[root at clehbrtsrv01 etc]# tethereal ip host 172.16.5.10 -w /home/share/rt.cap
Running as user "root" and group "root". This could be dangerous.
Capturing on eth0

[root at clehbrtsrv01 etc]#

CONFIDENTIAL.  This e-mail and any attached files are confidential and should be destroyed and/or returned if you are not the intended and proper recipient.