[rt-users] TimeWorked not always recorded as separate Transaction - workaround?

Fran Fabrizio fran at cis.uab.edu
Tue May 26 16:52:41 EDT 2009

I am trying to write a command-line script to generate a report of where
my staff is spending their time each week.  Something like:

Joe User - Week of 5/25
   120 minutes on ticket 1722:Deploy New Foobar Server
    75 minutes on ticket 1893:WhizBang Software Not Installing Correctly
    etc....

I'm going with the idea of extracting all of the TimeWorked updates that
happened in a given week by getting an RT::Transactions collection,
doing a Limit ObjectID = <a given ticket ID>, then Limit by Field =
TimeWorked, and then only using the OldValue and NewValue values of
those Transactions which happened within the week of interest.

It seems that my staff updates this in one of two main ways.

1.  On the MyDay report page at the end of the day
2.  On an individual Comment transaction as they update tickets

Looking at the Transactions table, it seems that I have the TimeWorked
update transactions if they are done via method #1, but method #2 only
shows up in the Transactions table as a Comment Transaction, and so I
can't see the OldValue and NewValue of TimeWorked in order to do the
calculations.

Is there a setting I can change or a workaround to allow me to get at
that data another way?

Thanks,
Fran

--