[rt-users] Perl help

Ruslan Zakirov ruslan.zakirov at gmail.com
Tue May 26 17:27:52 EDT 2009

I think you miss concepts:
* each user is principal
* each group is principal
* but three above are records in different tables
* id of a user is equal to id of its principal record
* the same applies to groups
* in DB couldn't be a group with id equal to id of a user

* every watcher is a user
* id, name and email address are unique fields
* because of this uniquenes AddWatcher methods can take email address
as an argument

On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 1:14 AM, Ken Crocker <kfcrocker at lbl.gov> wrote:
> Greetings,
>
>    I need to know how to take an email address (directly from an email
> header) and get the actual UserId/PrincipalId from RT. I have the
> address split out and now I just need an ID. I'm assuming that the
> PrincipalId is the same thing as the Name field from the USERS Table. In
> other words, I do NOT want to add an entire email address as a Ticket
> watcher, I want the Name field from the USers Table (ie. instead of
> KFCrocker at lbl.gov I want KFCrocker or whatever name correlates to
> KFCrocker at lbl.gov). Thank you in advance.
>
> Kenn
> LBNL