[rt-users] R: RT Queue Subject Tag problem

Guadagnino Cristiano guadagnino.cristiano at creval.it
Fri May 29 06:22:15 EDT 2009

Hi all,
I am having the same problem as Jeremy here. Nobody replied since january... can somebody help please?

We just added some queues to out RT installation; these queues are to be used by an entirely new set of users, and we need then to have a different subject tag.

If I understand correctly, the default subject tag is taken by the $rtname variable. So I changed the "subject tag" field in the queues, which was previously unset. RT tells me it has saved the value, but if I reenter the queue configuration panel I see mixed results: sometimes I see "subject tag" field empty, and sometimes I see it populated with what I have set.
The behaviour also seems to be unconsistent: sometimes it uses the subject tag I have set, sometimes (90% of times) it uses the $rtname.

I have looked at the database (MySQL here), and I also see that the only place where the value is apparently stored is in the "attributes" table.

Is this a known bug?

Jeremy, did you find out anything new?

Thank you in advance
Cris