[rt-users] Unable to assign an e-mail address, already in use

Ken Crocker kfcrocker at lbl.gov
Fri May 29 13:57:11 EDT 2009

Richard,

    Are you using the LDAP authorization extension? If so, they could
only be added if your configuration settings had
"Set($LdapAutoCreateNonLdapUsers, 1);" & "Set($CanonicalizeOnCreate ,
1);".. This would mean that the email creating the ticket also caused
the CC email address to be added to the USER Table. Therefore, when you
tried to add that person manually, RT let you know that person was
already on file, most likely as a "unprivileged" user. You need to turn
off those settings (make them 0). Hope this helps.

Kenn
LBNL