[rt-users] R: RT Queue Subject Tag problem

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Fri May 29 16:59:17 EDT 2009

On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 12:22:15PM +0200, Guadagnino Cristiano wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am having the same problem as Jeremy here. Nobody replied since january... can somebody help please?
>
> We just added some queues to out RT installation; these queues are to be used by an entirely new set of users, and we need then to have a different subject tag.
>
> If I understand correctly, the default subject tag is taken by the $rtname variable. So I changed the "subject tag" field in the queues, which was previously unset. RT tells me it has saved the value, but if I reenter the queue configuration panel I see mixed results: sometimes I see "subject tag" field empty, and sometimes I see it populated with what I have set.
> The behaviour also seems to be unconsistent: sometimes it uses the subject tag I have set, sometimes (90% of times) it uses the $rtname.
>
> I have looked at the database (MySQL here), and I also see that the only place where the value is apparently stored is in the "attributes" table.
>
> Is this a known bug?

It's an interaction with the  ExtractSubjectTag scrip.  I believe that
if you add all your subject tags to ExtractSubjectTagMatch in
RT_SiteConfig, that will take care of it. I also _Thought_ this was
sorted out for 3.8.3, but someone who actually had code in the release
can likely correct me on that ;)