[rt-users] binary attachment corrupted when RT mails them out

Mauricio Tavares raubvogel at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 15:09:56 EST 2009

      Let's say someone emails a pdf (or some other kind of binary)
file as an attachment to a ticket through rt. If i access the said
attachment trough the rt web interface it works fine. But if I get the
ticket through email (ticket is being forwarded to the AdminCC:
members) and then download the attachment to see it, a lot of times is
corrupted. FYI, we received a 889K PDF and the copy forwarded to
AdminCC is corrupted. However a 74K .pdf file we received just after
it works fine. I do not know if that is an issue with the attachment
size, but I thought by having the following set on RT_SiteConfig.pm,

Set($MaxAttachmentSize, 26214400);
Set($DropLongAttachments, undef);
Set($TruncateLongAttachments, undef);

I would not have a size issue here. The fact RT has no problems witht
he file *if* you access it using its web interface makes me think
something is going on in the routing that calls to have something mime
encoded. Which function should I be checking?