[rt-users] Email replies to existing tickets created over email do not add to existing ticket, but create a new.

Sune K. Bech skbech at bio.ku.dk
Wed Nov 11 14:00:39 EST 2009

Hi

I have a problem that is driving me nuts, I have just installed the
latest RT, using almost default settings.

When a user writes to requests at myisp.com an ticket gets created and he
gets an email greeting reply where the ticket number is in the subject,
if the user then replies

to this email he gets a new ticket and a new email reply.

The desired result was that if the user replied to a  existing ticket,
his reply is added as an comment to the existing ticket.

I have also tried to create an extra email for the comments, called
requests_comment at myisp.com and configured the "Reply Address" and
"Comment Address" but still no success, I get an new ticket every time.

I am using fetchmail

# requests at myisp.com

poll 192.11.11.11

protocol pop3

username requests password Bla Bla

mda "/opt/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate --queue General --action correspond --url
http://www.myisp.com/rt/"

no keep

poll 192.11.11.11

protocol pop3

username requests_comment password Bla Bla

mda "/opt/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate --queue General --action comment --url
http://www.myisp.com/rt/"

no keep

What am I doing wrong.

Best regards