[rt-users] Perl is Broken after Centos 5.4 update

Mike Mike at TheSheenGroup.com
Wed Nov 11 23:48:00 EST 2009

Does anyone have suggestions on how to repair perl after Centos-5.4 upgrade?

I was running Centos 5.2, mysql and modperl2.

Update brought down Centos 5.4 and a gazillion other updates.

After which:

Apache would not start.

"make testdeps" will not run with *** No rule to make target `testdeps'.  Stop. error.

installed dependancies using "perl sbin/rt-test-dependencies --with-mysql --with-modper2 --install

Apache starts with “httpd dead but subsys locked” error.

- yum upgrade perl-File-Temp
455 packages excluded due to repository priority protections
Setting up Upgrade Process
Package(s) perl-File-Temp available, but not installed.
No Packages marked for Update

I see a lot of talk about how redhat messed up perl, but I have not seen clear instructions on how to fix or prevent it again.

-Mike Sitzer