[rt-users] binary attachment corrupted when RT mails them out

Mauricio Tavares raubvogel at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 16:06:44 EST 2009

	Sorry for the delay; I was sidetracked in other non rt-related weidness.

Jesse Vincent wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 05, 2009 at 03:09:56PM -0500, Mauricio Tavares wrote:
>>       Let's say someone emails a pdf (or some other kind of binary)
>> file as an attachment to a ticket through rt. If i access the said
>> attachment trough the rt web interface it works fine. But if I get the
>> ticket through email (ticket is being forwarded to the AdminCC:
>> members) and then download the attachment to see it, a lot of times is
>> corrupted. FYI, we received a 889K PDF and the copy forwarded to
>> AdminCC is corrupted. However a 74K .pdf file we received just after
>> it works fine. I do not know if that is an issue with the attachment
>> size, but I thought by having the following set on RT_SiteConfig.pm,
>>

> Can you tell us a bit more about your RT? Often the Configuration ->
> Tools -> System Information page is the easiest way to capture the
> various bits of metadata we really need to help you figure out what's
> going on.
>
> -j

	I am sending the request info as an attachment. Incidentally, I am
running 3.6.7. I know right now it is rather old on the tooth (thanks
ubuntu!) but since I have not upgraded it since I installed it, I would
think that eliminates those kind of errors.