[rt-users] Attachment Processing

David Griffith dgriffi at cs.csubak.edu
Mon Nov 16 17:12:38 EST 2009

On Mon, 16 Nov 2009, pjaramillo at kcp.com wrote:

> All,
> I am attempting to automate processing PDF and Word docs into clear text
> using xpdf & strings so they can be posted in clear text in the RT
> tickets. I have two questions:
>
> 1 - Has anyone already done this already? I didn't see any obvious matches
> search the email lists.

I'm in the process of doing this for screenshots.  My users tend to send
those in as BMPs.  I'd rather use PNG for filesize reasons among others.
Right now my solution is to ask people to run their screenshots through a
CGI script that converts whatever you throw at it into a PNG.  I like your
idea of doing something like this automatically and eagerly await the
results of your experiments.

> 2 - Do I just need to move the below files to local and start coding it
> out? Or is there some secret undocumented voodoo magic that would prevent
> me from ever being successful?
>
> /opt/rt3/share/html/Ticket/Attachment/dhandler
> /opt/rt3/share/html/Ticket/Attachment/WithHeaders/dhandler
> /opt/rt3/lib/RT/Attachment.pm

I haven't a clue where to begin.

--
David Griffith