[rt-users] RT Upgrade failing from 3.6.6 to 3.8.6

Barron, Josh jbarron at afsnetworks.com
Mon Nov 16 19:28:32 EST 2009

Hi Tom,

Yes I tried connecting to mysql directly from localhost and that worked:

[jbarron at help01 ~]$ mysql -u rt_user at localhost -p
Enter password:
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user
'rt_user at localhos'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
[jbarron at help01 ~]$ mysql -u rt_user -p
Enter password:
Your MySQL connection id is 138
Server version: 5.0.77 Source distribution

mysql> exit;
Bye
[jbarron at help01 ~]$

The first connection failed when I specified localhost but connecting
directly and specifying no host worked fine.  Just to verify it was
connecting to localhost I deliberately typed the password wrong and it
showed me using rt_user at localhost

-Josh