[rt-users] Attachment Processing

Jerrad Pierce jpierce at cambridgeenergyalliance.org
Mon Nov 16 22:25:55 EST 2009

On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 17:03,  <pjaramillo at kcp.com> wrote:
> All,
> I am attempting to automate processing PDF and Word docs into clear text
> using xpdf & strings so they can be posted in clear text in the RT
> tickets. I have two questions:
>
> 1 - Has anyone already done this already? I didn't see any obvious matches
> search the email lists.
>
> 2 - Do I just need to move the below files to local and start coding it
> out? Or is there some secret undocumented voodoo magic that would prevent
> me from ever being successful?
>
> /opt/rt3/share/html/Ticket/Attachment/dhandler
> /opt/rt3/share/html/Ticket/Attachment/WithHeaders/dhandler
> /opt/rt3/lib/RT/Attachment.pm
Seems like a better place to do this would be between the MTA and
rt-mailgate, where you look for attachments of specific MIME types,
and then create a corresponding text version. IIRC there's something
on the wiki to render html to text, and that would be a good place to
start.

Otherwise, I'd do it in a scrip at creation.
--
Cambridge Energy Alliance: Save money. Save the planet.