[rt-users] Alternate email addresses for user accounts

Matt Adams matt.adams at cypressinteractive.com
Tue Nov 17 11:08:22 EST 2009

Folks:

Is there any way to have alternate email addresses per user account?  I
read something about this on the wiki wish lists but couldn't find any
more current information about it.

We have staff members who may use more than one email address.  Our LDAP
tree, by which we are authenticating, already knows about these email
addresses.

It would be advantageous if RT was able to figure out that
bob.jones at example.org and bob at example.org were actually the same person.

Has anyone had any success in implementing something that would grant RT
this capability or am I up a creek and just need to force everyone to
use the same email address?

Thanks in advance,

Matt
--
Matt Adams
Development & Network Services, Cypress Interactive