[rt-users] Error :is no longer a value for custom field

Ken Crocker kfcrocker at lbl.gov
Tue Nov 17 14:38:34 EST 2009

Tony,

It looks like you're doing this on any create or modify transaction. So
I'll assume you're happy with your condition.
This is the way I would write the action:

Custom Prep Code:

# Set base values

my $ticket = $self->TicketObj;
my $cf_obj = RT::CustomField->new($RT::SystemUser);
my $cf_name = "WhateverItIs";
my $cf_value = "CI Entry";

# Update Custom Field

$cf_obj->LoadByName( Name => $cf_name );
$RT::Logger->debug( "Loaded \$cf_obj->Name = ". $cf_obj->Name() ."\n" );
$ticket->AddCustomFieldValue( Field=>$cf_obj, Value=>$cf_value,
RecordTransaction=>0 );

return 1;

Custom Cleanup Code:
return 1;

I Like to use $RT::Sysytemuser so I won't have a problem with privileges
on a Custom Field.
I also like to specify an actual "NAME". That way whenever I have to
debug the code, I know what the field is. I might not remember what ID
13 is.
I also like to do this in the prep code. You never know if you might
create another scrip that depends on this value being set BEFORE the
transaction has completed. This would be if you have several scrips that
run in "Batch" sequence.

Anyway, I hope this helps.

Kenn
LBNL