[rt-users] How to add attachments (not links) with a template to an outgoing mail?

Tom Lahti toml at bitstatement.net
Thu Nov 19 16:43:16 EST 2009

Brumm, Torsten / Kuehne + Nagel / Ham MI-ID wrote:
> Hi, i followed the the instructions from wiki to add all attachments
> from a ticket (during the whole livetime) as links to the outgoing
> mail. No i need to attache all the attachements to the outgoing mail,
> but i can't find anything useful at the wiki for this.
>
> Any suggestions?

As far as I know, you'd have to write a custom email template that
fetches the attachment contents through the perl API and builds a
MIME-encapsulated message body.  Of course it has to execute fully
before the resulting page will display, which might take awhile.

Since I've forgotten most of my perl at this point, and I'd want the
page to display quicker, personally I would probably build myself a
custom REST service and have the perl template call that and supply some
parameters.  But that's just me.

   Tom Lahti, SCMDBA, LPIC-1
   BIT LLC
   (425)251-0833 x 117