[rt-users] Error on SetDue

Ken Crocker kfcrocker at lbl.gov
Mon Nov 23 14:02:30 EST 2009

Tony,

We have a Custom Field called "Need-By Date" that we have the customer
fill out and we use that to set the "Due Date" of the ticket when they
create a ticket. It overrides the default due date timing set up for the
queue. This is the code we use:

#
# set new values for Due Date from CF Need-by-Date
#
my $trans = $self->TransactionObj;
my $ticket = $self->TicketObj;
my $cf_date = $ticket->FirstCustomFieldValue('Need-By Date');
# split up the date parts into a temporary array
my @parts = split(/[\/-]/, $cf_date);
# put date parts back together
my $new_date = sprintf("%d-%d-%d", $parts[2], $parts[0], $parts[1]);
# format new date based on RT
my $duedate = RT::Date->new($RT::SystemUser);
$duedate->Set(Format=>'unknown', Value=>$new_date);
$ticket->SetDue($duedate->ISO);
return 1;

This works every time for us. Hope it helps.

Kenn
LBNL