[rt-users] Tracking changes to queue structure

gordon at cryologic.com gordon at cryologic.com
Mon Nov 23 18:01:10 EST 2009

RT provides an excellent history log of all activities relating to a
ticket. This provides an unchangeable record which auditors love when
reviewing tickets.

However we occasionally make changes to a queue such as adding a new
custom field. This does not get filled in for historical tickets (too
many) only new ones. When reviewing the old tickets auditors ask why the
fields were not filled in correctly.

We handle this by keeping a separate log of changes we make to queues
and when they were made.

My question is: does anyone else keep track of the changes they make to
queues, and if so, how do you do it? Is there any way to do this within
RT - I would love to do so but have no idea where to begin.

thanks
Gordon