[rt-users] QuickSearch Too Slow - rt-3.6.0

Umasankar Pandurangan Umashankar.Pandurangan at ip-soft.net
Tue Nov 24 02:31:39 EST 2009

Hi,

I am using RT v3.6.0 on RHEL AS 3 with Oracle 9i as the back-end database on a Pentium server with 1GB of RAM. This RT instance is hosting two business applications and there are close to 1200 queues on it.

I am facing an issue with the "QuickSearch" widget on the RT web interface. It was too slow to load causing user login delays and sometimes it doesn't load at all. So I removed it from the "RT at a glance" page and made it available under a custom section I created on the left side menu. This addressed the login slowness issue much to the delight of most of the end users. However, some users who tend to use "QuickSearch" actively for getting an overview of ticket statistics on queues relevant to them complain that "QuickSearch is too slow" ;-)

I am looking for some ways to quicken up (and to justify the nomenclature to the end users :) ) this widget. Any ideas/suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

PS: I did a search in wiki and lists but didn't find a case matching the problem I am facing. That's why I am writing to this list.

Regards,

Umasankar P