[rt-users] Is SQLite no longer supported?

Stuart Browne stuart.browne at ausregistry.com.au
Tue Nov 24 18:57:58 EST 2009

I'd have to completely with this.

SQLite's complete lack of threading model means responding to a single request at a time.

Simply put, if you have enough users that the possibility of multiple people requesting information at the same time, or a user request happening when an external ticket comes in (email via rt-mailgate etc.), then you're going to be causing users to stall, waiting.

You may be able to get away with it for a small number of concurrent users (1-5 maybe) in a low volume environment, but if you're wanting to do anything serious with email coming in at any moment, then you'd be better off setting up a MySQL/PgSQL DB.  The effort isn't much different.

Stuart