[rt-users] Is SQLite no longer supported?

Jerrad Pierce jpierce at cambridgeenergyalliance.org
Tue Nov 24 18:59:45 EST 2009

>> Slightly offtopic - is there some "best practice" limit saying when
>> SQLite stops being efficient and it's time to use something bigger? Or
>> in other words, how large are average SQLite installations in terms of
>> users, tickets, etc.?
>
> In my opinion, I would say that SQLite is appropriate for testing and
> development work, where you have developers working on customizations of
> RT.  I don't think SQLite is appropriate for production environments of
> any size.  But that's just me.

SQLite could be okay for very small/low-concurrency production systems.
Compare Firefox's use of SQLite for its data stores. Of course, as you
may have experienced, the system starts to falter with several
thousand
entries in Places.sqlite (bookmarks + history).
--
Cambridge Energy Alliance: Save money. Save the planet.