[rt-users] Auto-creating a 'dependant' ticket On Transaction

Torsten Brumm torsten.brumm at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 25 06:23:57 EST 2009

Hi,
try the following from wiki (with tiny code changes)

Condition: Userdefined (
http://wiki.bestpractical.com/view/OnCustomFieldValueChange)
Action: CreateTickets
Template: CreateNewTicket (follow the Approval Ticket creation Template Page
from wiki, replace type: approval with type: ticket)

This should work fine

2009/11/25 jrummel <jrummel at imapp.com>

> Hi All,
>
> I'm definitely an RT novice, and could use some assistance.  I have a
> ticket
> Custom Field ("Progress").  It is a Select One Value field.  When someone
> selects the value "Sent", I want a new ticket created that is 'depended on
> by' the original ticket.  Can anyone help me with this please?  I'm
> desperate!
>
> Thanks!
>
> P.S. If the new ticket could automatically have an owner assigned upon
> creation as well, that would be ideal.  But the above request is definitely
> priority.
> --

MFG

Torsten Brumm