[rt-users] Migrating from SQLite to MySQL

David X. Glover d.glover1 at physics.ox.ac.uk
Thu Nov 26 05:04:06 EST 2009

Hello,

We've been running a test RT server using SQLite, and we'd now like to migrate the data in it to MySQL, in order to move the system to a production environment.

I dumped the contents of the SQLite database into a file using ".dump", but I'm having problems importing it into MySQL. Specifically, I get the following error:

# mysql -p rt < rt.sql
Enter password:
ERROR 1064 (42000) at line 1: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'TRANSACTION' at line 1

Lines 1 and 2 of the file look like this:
BEGIN TRANSACTION;
CREATE TABLE Attachments (

Do SQLite and MySQL speak "different" versions of SQL? Is there a tool to convert a dumped database to be MySQL compatible?

Thanks.