[rt-users] Spell Checker

Praveen Velu praveen.velu at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 28 02:08:27 EST 2009

Dear Ashish

I have enabled spell checker in my server. you can follow the same steps

1. covert spellchecker.pl file to unix compatible then copy the file to Apache CGI directory
2. Configure fckconfig.js file to use spellerpages as spell checker in FCK Editor
FCKConfig.SpellChecker                  = 'SpellerPages';
FCKConfig.SpellerPagesServerScript = '/cgi-bin/spellchecker.pl' ;       // Available extension: .php .cfm .pl
FCKConfig.FirefoxSpellChecker   = true ;3. Update spellchecker.pl as below

my $spellercss = '/rt/NoAuth/RichText/FCKeditor/editor/dialog/fck_spellerpages/spellerpages/spellerStyle.css';my $wordWindowSrc = '/rt/NoAuth/RichText/FCKeditor/editor/dialog/fck_spellerpages/spellerpages/wordWindow.js';my $aspell_cmd = '/usr/bin/aspell';

Please try this now...

-Praveen-