[rt-users] MergeUsers extension for RT problem.

Jason A. Smith smithj4 at bnl.gov
Thu Oct 1 16:48:37 EDT 2009

I am setting up a new RT server, version 3.8.5 and tried
RT-Extension-MergeUsers, version 0.03 available from CPAN.

It seems to work as expected, except for one problem.  When viewing the
target user of the merge, I see a comment like:

 (485) merged into this user

But under in the "Merge user" box, it doesn't display the merged
username correctly, it just says:

The following users have been merged into this user:

and then the Unmerge button.

When viewing the merged user data, I see the complementary comment:

 Merged into smithj4 at bnl.gov (447)

and in the "Merge user" box I see more complete info:

This user has been merged with smithj4 at bnl.gov;

I also tried manually running the rt-update-merged-users script, but it
doesn't seem to fix it, and just reports:

447 already has 485 in the merge list
DONE.

Is this a bug or something missing/wrong with my setup?

~Jason

|  Jason A. Smith                          Email:  smithj4 at bnl.gov |
|  Atlas Computing Facility, Bldg. 510M    Phone: +1-631-344-4226  |
|  Brookhaven National Lab, P.O. Box 5000  Fax:   +1-631-344-7616  |
|  Upton, NY 11973-5000,  U.S.A.                                   |