[rt-users] RT 3.8.5 : User logged out on 'simple search' or ticket creation.

Bennett, Bevan (IS) Bevan.Bennett at ngc.com
Mon Oct 5 12:18:40 EDT 2009

I'm trying to upgrade my installation to 3.8.5, but early testing showed
a rather odd bug that I don't see mentioned elsewhere in the list.

Once logged in, if a user goes to 'Simple Search', enters a numeric
search term, then presses enter, they are logged out and sent back to
the login screen.
Oddly, this does not occur if they search for a username or subject
term, or if they click the search button rather than pressing enter.
If they re-authenticate, they then go directly to the requested search
results.
This also applies to the search box on the home page, and happens reliably.

Worse, the same thing occurs whenever a user creates a new ticket.

Has anyone else run into this problem before? Any ideas where I could be
looking for the solution?