[rt-users] Web interface configuration question

Easyrider Inquiry Inquiry at Easyrider.com
Mon Oct 5 22:28:35 EDT 2009

Lander, Scott wrote:
>  For what its worth, I couldn't get the logo to work until I replaced local/html/NoAuth/images/bplogo.gif with my own (IE named mine bplogo.gif) and, make sure it is no larger then the original size....
>
> I think this is VERY close to working correctly.  Just a matter of finding the right httpd.conf combination
>
> The following works perfectly except that it runs out of the root Shows correct WebLogo Requires $WebPath = ''";
>
> # ----- START --------
>
> NameVirtualHost *:80
>   <VirtualHost *:80>
>     ServerName backup.easyrider.com
>     AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
>     AddHandler fastcgi-script .fcgi
>     Alias /NoAuth/images /opt/rt3/share/html/NoAuth/images
>     ScriptAlias / /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi/
>  </VirtualHost>
> # ------ END -------
>
> The following runs perfectly out of /helpdesk *IF* you are already logged in.  Otherwise you get sent immediately to /var/www/html/index.html as soon as you hit the login button:
> WebLogo does not display and the alt text displays best practical which is no longer in RT_siteconfig.pm Requires $WebPath = '/helpdesk';
>
> # ----- START --------
>
> <Directory /opt/rt3/share/html">
>   Options FollowSymLinks ExecCGI
>   AllowOverride None
> </Directory>
>
> <VirtualHost *:80>
>   ServerName backup.easyrider.com
>   DocumentRoot /var/www/html
>
>   ScriptAlias /helpdesk /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi/
>   AddHandler fastcgi-script fcgi
>
>   <Location /helpdesk>
>     AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
>     SetHandler fastcgi-script
>   </Location>
>
> <Location /helpdesk/NoAuth/images>
>    SetHandler default
> </Location>
> </VirtualHost>

Yep, I knew that :)
The logo does work but only with the first httpd.conf settings.  It's a
small issue that does not concern me except that it's another symptom
that might help me get RT properly configured to run out of
backup.easyrider.com/helpdesk and not backup.easyrider.com

What a hassle :(