[rt-users] Squelching autoreply to specific requestors

Coco, Alex acoco at i2c.com
Fri Oct 9 14:36:48 EDT 2009

Hello,

I've done my googling, digging through perldocs, the wiki, the list
archive, the RT Essentials book but haven't figured out how to do
this.  I want to send auto-replies to all users when new tickets are
created except for a few specific users who have requested NOT to
receive such responses.  I figured the easiest way to do this was to
add a custom action preparation code to the default autoreply on
create scrip checking the requestor email like so:

return 0 if $self->TicketObj->RequestorAddresses() =~ 'acoco at i2c.com';
return 1;

I have tried many other variants, this one C&P nearly verbatim from
the Wiki:

return 0 if $self->TicketObj->IsWatcher(
     Type => 'Requestor', Email => 'acoco at i2c.com'
);
return 1;

Any advice greatly appreciated.