[rt-users] httpd.conf configuration problem

James Moseley jmoseley at corp.xanadoo.com
Mon Oct 12 00:34:55 EDT 2009

On Sun, Oct 11, 2009 at 11:25 PM, Easyrider Inquiry
<Inquiry at easyrider.com>wrote:

> I am now at essentially the same problem I had a week ago where someone was
> able to help me get /helpdesk to bring up the login page but as soon as you
> hit "login" the browser goes directly to the site web page at
> /var/www/html.  I believe you can verify this from the Internet as well.

Remember in a previous email I told you about that trailing /?

Try: http://backup.easyrider.com/helpdesk/

and see if that works...   It does for me...

> I did a grep for FastCgiIpcDir /tmp and FastCgiServer
> /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi -idle-timeout 120 in httpd.conf and found
> nothing but as you say, it seems likely that they are there somewhere since
> the root URL RT works just fine.  The difference between the configuration
> that works and the configuration that almost works is literally less than a
> half dozen lines of code.
>
> I did spend several days trying various combinations of entries in the
> examples listed in
> http://wiki.bestpractical.com/view/FedoraCore4InstallGuide to get around
> my current problem.  Each change either had no effect or made things worse.
> The fellow who was helping me last week eventually gave up which is probably
> what I would do too if quitting was an option.

 Well, if you claim everything works the other way around, you must have
those lines someplace...  Look in the config files in /etc/httpd/conf.d/*

--
James Moseley