[rt-users] occasionally missing metadata

Bernhard bh at greentube.com
Mon Oct 12 04:00:09 EDT 2009

Hello again,

back to this issue - it happened again.
Please give me directions on how to give you enough information to
analyse the problem...
Cut short: mails do arrive in the tracker, but are not displayed - no
error message (at least not where i could find it),
all I see in the tracker are ID, queue, sender address - other fields
are simply empty or not shown - no content, no header...

Here's my approach to analyse the problem:
1. Got the ticket number -> look it up in table Tickets, all data is there

2. Take Creator ID from Tickets table and look it up in the Transactions
table -> found a couple of RT::Group entries, but look for RT::Ticket
entry with the same date to identify the Attachments -> found one
"Create" record where ObjectId equals the Ticket ID

3. Take the Transaction ID and look it up in the Attachments table

4. found 3 entries,
    * one with the Ticket Subject and Parent 0 -> ContentType =
multipart/alternative, ContentEncoding NULL, Content NULL, Headers okay
    * one with the previous one as ParentID -> "text/plain",
ContentEncoding "none", Content: BLOB -> the body of the message!,
Headers okay
    * one another with the first one as Parent ID -> "text/html",
ContentEncoding "none", Content: BLOB -> again, the message, this time
in valid HTML, Headers seem okay as well

So - it seems the text/plain and text/html part are correctly in the DB.

I have compared the results with a ticket that is shown without problem,
can't find any difference except that the Headers in the erroneous mail
start with "X-Originalarrivaltime" instead of the MIME-Version.

Thank you for taking the time....

Bernhard

--
Bernhard Hansbauer
System Administrator
bernhard.hansbauer at greentube.com
-------------------------
Greentube I.E.S. AG
Mariahilfer Straße 47/1/102
A-1060 Wien
FN 197003k, HG Wien

Tel: +43 1 494 50 56 - 30
http://www.greentube.com

Internet Email Confidentiality Footer
Privileged/confidential information may be contained in this message. If you are not the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for delivery of the message to this person), you may not copy or deliver this message to anyone. In such a case, you should destroy this message and kindly notify the sender by replying. Please make it known immediately  f you or your employer does not consent to the medium of e-mail for messages of this kind. Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message that do not relate to the official business of my firm shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it.