[rt-users] Permission denied

Robert Eden rmeden at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 11:07:04 EDT 2009

On 10/13/2009 9:05 AM, Kevin Bailey wrote:
> Hmmm... strange....
>
> I'm getting a response of 'Permission denied' when from an external
> client I'm trying to respond to a ticket.
>
> This was working OK - very unlike these sorts of systems to be
> inconsistant?!?
I really hate that error.. hard to troubleshoot, but here's what I
learned... (Hmmm I think I should put this in the wiki)

1. Email addresses are used for auto-created accounts.  Make sure the
email address in a reply is the same as the original ticket.

2. If tickets are moved to a new queue, make sure that the "requestor"
group has privs to respond in new queue!  ( this was our problem )

3. RT logs using the SYSLOG mechanism.... check your log for clues...
remember to focus on email addresses.

Robert