[rt-users] Add "My Requests" to RT at a Glance

Jason A. Smith smithj4 at bnl.gov
Tue Oct 13 18:17:45 EDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-10-13 at 05:01 -0400, John Colton wrote:
> I'd like to add a "My Requests" system saved search and make it part
> of the default RT at a Glance.  This would be similar to the view that
> users get on the SelfService page but needs to be available in the
> full interface.  I searched the docs, wiki and the archives of this
> list but haven't found anything.  Has anyone done this?

Hi John,

What a coincidence, I was just doing this yesterday for our new RT
server that I am testing, note it is version 3.8.6rc1, but this will
probably work with earlier 3.8.x releases.

Edit your RT_SiteConfig.pm and add MyRequests to your list of
$HomepageComponents, then restart apache.  Now, when logged into your RT
web account, go to your Preferences->RT at a glance, and add MyRequests
to the body section.

Unfortunately, there is one more step, since now when going to my Home
page, I see this error message:

Predefined search My Requests not found

So, logged in to the web interface as the RT admin (so all users would
see this saved search), I went to the Tickets->Advanced page and entered
this Query:

Requestor.id = '__CurrentUser__' AND (  Status = 'new' OR Status = 'open' )

Hit the Apply button and saved the search under RT System's saved
searches with the Description: "My Requests"

Now go back to your Home page and you should see the My Requests box
correctly displayed.  If you want to change what info is displayed for
your requests, you will have to edit the saved search and modify the
Advanced->Format or Edit->Display Columns section.

~Jason