[rt-users] HTTPS - does it work - try again - SOLVED

Kevin Bailey kbailey at freewayprojects.com
Thu Oct 15 06:04:32 EDT 2009

Kevin Falcone wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 07:06:03AM +0100, Kevin Bailey wrote:
>
>>    support: support rt
>>    # support: support kbailey nstone gpeter
>>    rt: "|/usr/bin/rt-mailgate --queue support --action correspond --url
>>    [1]http://cyclone.example.com/rt"
>>
>>    in the aliases file.
>>
>>    RT version is:
>>
>>    ii  request-tracker3.6            3.6.1-4
>>
>>    I'd like to use [2]https://cyclone.example.com/rt
>>
>>    for the web address as it's more secure.  Currently we haven't set up a certificate on that
>>    address.
>>

> It isn't clear to me how you can have httpd enabled without a
> certificate.

The server has a self-signed certificate - which means it has to be OK'd
when using a browser.

>>    Does HTTPS work with RT?  I had set this up but it didn't seem to work properly.
>>

> I assume you're asking about https + rt-mailgate
> Install Net::SSLeay and the perl library that rt-mailgate uses will be
> able to connect to an https server.
> If you add --debug to your rt-mailgate command, you may get useful
> info about why it is failing for you

Thanks for that.

On Debian I added the package

  libio-socket-ssl-perl

and the rt-mailgate is working.

Cheers,

Kevin

> -kevin

*Kevin Bailey*
Director/Programmer - Freeway Projects Limited
Web: www.freewayprojects.com <http://www.freewayprojects.com/>
Email: kbailey at freewayprojects.com <mailto:kbailey at freewayprojects.com>
Phone: +44 (0)1752 267090