[rt-users] Email body makes it to RT, but RT sends blank messages to watchers

Joseph Spenner joseph85750 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 15 11:15:36 EDT 2009

I'm using 2.0.15.  Before throwing me under the truck, please read since I suspect this doesn't have anything to do with the old version of RT.  :)

Recently, I often experience a situation with certain people when they email RT to create a ticket.  The body of the message appears in the ticket viewable via the web interface, but the body doesn't make it to the watchers (the queue is set up to email the watchers on creation, including the body).  The watchers get a blank/empty email message.  This doesn't always happen.  It appears to happen when the user forwards a message to the queue or has an attachment.  The users are using Outlook.
I suspect there is a certain email/html/mime tag in the message causing the problem.  If I know what this is, I can write an "interceptor/filter" script to clean it up before piping it into RT.

If anyone knows what might be causing this (ie:  which tag/type/mime/), I'd appreciate the help.

Thanks!