[rt-users] RT sends 3 failure messages

Kurt H Maier karmaflux at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 12:12:12 EDT 2009

Hi folks,

We're using RT 3.6 here -- the packages from Debian lenny -- and I'm
curious if there's a 'right' way to handle our situation.  We
authenticate users against LDAP.  We've had spam problems in the past,
so we don't accept tickets via e-mail unless the user has logged into
the web interface and created their account ahead of time.  The
problem comes when an unauthenticated user attempts to create a ticket
via e-mail.

RT sends back three error messages, with the following subject lines:
Could not load a valid user
User could not be created
User could not be loaded

*I* understand these errors, but they're useless to the hapless end
user, and I'd like to replace all three with one e-mail that explains
our policies and procedures.

Before I start digging around in the perl, I thought I'd check with
you and see if there's a better way.

Thanks for your time.

--
# Kurt H Maier