[rt-users] Upgrade from 3.6.3 to 3.8.4 - image attachments missing/corrupt

Justin Hayes Justin.Hayes at orbisuk.com
Mon Oct 19 03:54:30 EDT 2009

I didn't mean the whole attachments table. Putting that in the
filesystem would be crazy. I was more talking about files you manually
attach (word docs, images etc). These tend to me more throwaway for me
than the text of the replies/comments themselves, and we don't have
anywhere near as many.... They could just live in the filesystem in
neat subdirectories and be retrieved when someone actually clicks on
one to look at. Backup would be easy - just rsync/tar/other option of
your choice.

But as long as mysql can handle the large DB sizes then I guess it's
fine where it is :D

Justin

Justin Hayes
Orbis Support Manager